Effective from 08th January 2018
Should we ask you to provide specific information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that the information will only be used by as stated in this privacy statement. The decision of providing your information entirely resides with you and you may opt-out of receiving our submissions at any time.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information;
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email addresses
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, interests, hobbies etc
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or promotional offers
- IP address
What We Do with The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with high-quality services, and for the following reasons specifically;
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send periodic promotional emails to email/newsletter subscribers and to those who submit inquiries via our website; about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, via email addresses you have provided. (We use Sendinblue (https://www.sendinblue.com/) for email marketing for newsletters/ email marketing.)
- To contact you via by email, phone, fax or post for standard market research purposes.
- To customise the website according to your interests.
- To retarget customers who has visited our website and social media profiles/ Ads with Ads or email marketing/ newsletters
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Platned Ltd may also use and divulge your information to abide by UK and International laws, regulations, court orders and legal directions from government agencies. This is to protect the personal safety of the website users or the community, to prevent and uphold claims, to settle disputes, to troubleshoot impediments, to execute the terms, and to safeguard our rights and property.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This system helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to match our customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and then the data is removed from the system.
The information may be additionally sourced to upgrade the operation and security of the website by supporting in verifying your identity when you access this website, specially if you register to access a classified section of the website and a username and password are dispatched or created for you.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers allow cookies by design, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. But, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website features.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest. These links are presented for your convenience. However, once you have used these links and left our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website you visit.
Some of the functions of these other websites may include forwarding their cookies to users, gathering your data, seeking personal information, or holding information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. All content presented in these websites including, opinions, announcements, guidance, abuses or other information reflects the perceptiveness and principles of the respective third party and not in any way a representation of Platned Ltd.
You should exercise caution, obtain professional reference and look at the privacy statements of those websites in question, if you plan to use their content.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways.
- Whenever you are asked to fill a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and you happen to change your mind you can contact us at any time by writing or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you give us consent for that.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. You may also request us to remove of update data we hold about you and requests can be sent to email@example.com.
1 Oaks Court,
1 Warwick Rd,
WD6 1GS, UK
+44 20 3011 5777
+61 2 8311 0650
86, Roosevelt Ave,
+1 20 1375 5587
Sri Lanka Office
Hokandara Road, Makumbura,
+94 112 183 634
Woodlands Industrial Park E5,
+44 20 3011 5777